Our book club meets in the Rectory every other Thursday, to discuss a book that every member is reading.
The books we chose to read have a catechetical purpose, help us to grow in our faith through deeper theological insights, inspiring biographies or classics who allow for a reflection on some aspect of our humanity in light of the Gospel.
The books our club has read so far are:
- Biomedicine and Beatitude. An introduction to Catholic bioethics. by Fr. Nicanor Pier Giorgio Austriaco, OP.
- The Doctor’s dilemma by George Bernard Shaw.
- The imaginary invalid by Moliere.
- A song for Nagasaki. The story of Takashi Nagai. Scientist, convert, survivor of the Atomic bom by Paul Glynn, S.M.
- Dear and glorious physician. A historical novel about St. Luke by Taylor Caldwell.
- The end of the affair by Graham Greene.