The history of St. Patrick Parish School began in 1926 when Monsignor William Barry and five Dominican Sisters from Adrian, Michigan, changed five polo stables into five classrooms and a cafeteria.
In 1927, two more classrooms and two new faculty members were added, which indicated the growth of the high school and grade school.
Accreditation in the Southern Association of Schools and Colleges became a reality in 1933 along with acceptance by the State Department of Education.
The physical structure, as viewed today, was completed in 1935. The murals painted on the walls of the auditorium by well-known artists depict, in life size figures, Indians, priests, and Spanish explorers connected with the early history of Florida.
The last polo stable became the new cafeteria. The gym built in 1937 and the St. Patrick Youth Center completed the St. Patrick School complex.
In 1972 the high school section of St. Patrick School was discontinued by the Archdiocese.
In April, 1976 the school was accredited by the Florida Catholic Conference (FCC). The school has been re-accredited every seven years since its initial accreditation.
In 1988, the United States Department of Education named St. Patrick Parish School a National School of Excellence.
In 1997, the computer lab was renovated. New computers were added and the other computers were updated. The computers were networked and Internet access became available. Wiring was completed in every classroom with each teacher having a computer and a television connected to the computer. In 2002 and again in 2010, the computer lab was updated and renovated.
In 2001, a new Library/Media Center was added in Barry Hall. The media center houses several new computers all with Internet access. A brand new fully equipped science lab was also completed this year.
During 2008, interactive, electronic Smart Boards were installed in all the classrooms, allowing for navigation of the internet. In 2012, Apple TV was added to all the classrooms and two iPad carts with 35 iPads in each were purchased for grades K-5 and the middle school introduced the One-to-One iPad Program.
Under the guidance of various Pastors and administrators, St. Patrick Parish School approaches almost 100 years of educating the children of Miami Beach and surrounding communities.