In the Archdiocese of Miami parishes must have a council of parishioners to advise the pastor, according to the mandate of the Code of Canon Law, the law of the Church.
Canon 536. If the diocesan bishop judges it opportune after he has heard the presbyteral council, a pastoral council is to be established in each parish, over which the pastor presides and in which the Christian faithful, together with those who share in pastoral care by virtue of their office in the parish, assist in fostering pastoral activity. A pastoral council possesses a consultative vote only and is governed by the norms established by the diocesan bishop.
Canon 537. In each parish there is to be a finance council which is governed, in addition to universal law, by norms issued by the diocesan bishop and in which the Christian faithful, selected according to these same norms, are to assist the pastor in the administration of the goods of the parish.
The pastoral and finance council hold quarterly meetings to review the state of the parish, advise on financial matters, grant the Violetta Diaz Scholarship and other ad-hoc matters mandated by the law of the Church and the particular law of the Archdiocese of Miami.
The current members of the pastoral council at St. Patrick Catholic Church are
- Mr. Tom Carr – Men’s Emmaus (English) / Advocate
- Mrs. Debbie de Leon – RCIA Coordinator
- Mrs. Christine Dundas – St. Vincent de Paul
- Mrs. Rosary Falero – Finance Council chairwoman
- Mr. Jon Pierre Marcazzo – Director of Religious Education
- Mrs. Victoria Gempton – Kindergarten teacher
- Mr. George Gonzalez
- Ms. Alicia Herrera – St. Patrick Catholic Preschool Director
- Mrs. Carmen Miyares – Women’s Emmaus (Spanish)
- Ms. Bertha Moro – St. Patrick Catholic School Principal
- Mr. Ricardo Sanchez
- Rev. Mr. Tony Santos – Pastoral Council Chairman
- Mr. Barry Wales
- Dr. Ignacio Zabaleta – Men’s Emmaus (Spanish) / Mt. Sinai NICU